Public Policy & Advocacy
Governor Advocates for Rhode Island Membership
New-9/5/08 Healthcare Solutions Partnership Committee September 4, 2008: The Lifespan Care New England Proposed Merger.
As a member of the Blue Cross Healthcare Solutions Partnership Committee, I recommended a discussion of the potential Lifespan/CNE merger. I posed these questions for the committee:
- Is the proposed merger a potential monopoly on health care in Rhode Island?/
- . Is this an opportunity to look at a statewide health plan and issues of access, quality and reimbursement?/
- How will the merger affect insurance premiums in Rhode Island?/
- Can the merger potentially decrease/increase health care costs?/
- Should providers and hospitals be paid on an equal basis, with adjustment for quality and cost efficiency and not bargaining power?/
- Will the merger destabilze the health care market, in terms of providers and hospitals?
Please review a summary by Dr. Hollmann (Chairman) of the discussion and recommendations. If you have any further observations/comments/suggestions, send your feedback to N.S. Damle MD FACP Governor, Rhode Island Chapter of the ACP.
Page updated: 09/05/08
- Save the Date! 2014 RI Chapter Meeting
Thursday, May 8, 2014
- 2013 Governors-elect Candidates' Bios and Vision Statements
- The Wave: Rhode Island ACP's Newsletter - Nov. 2013 Edition
- Governor's Newsletter - July 2013
- 2013 Leadership Day Photos
- 2013 RI Chapter Meeting Presentations
- 2013 Edition of RI Chapter Abstracts
- Member Accomplishments