2013 Pennsylvania Western Region Abstract Competition
We are pleased to announce the Call for Abstracts for the 2013 ACP Pennsylvania Chapter Western Region. The competition will be held Saturday, November 2, 2013 at the Shadyside Hospital in Pittsburgh.
This competition is limited to Resident/Fellow Members and Medical Student members of the ACP Pennsylvania Western Region ONLY. If you do not know your Pennsylvania Chapter region assignment, please check the zip code listing.
Only THREE abstracts can be submitted per first author, and you may not submit more than two abstracts in any category. First author and presenter must be an ACP Resident/Fellow Member or Medical Student with current membership status. If you are not currently an ACP member, residents and students can join at online.
Abstracts will be accepted into three categories: Clinical Vignette (reports of one or more cases that illustrate a rare disease entity or an unusual clinical presentation of an established disease), Research (clinical and/or laboratory research, delineating a new investigation into mechanisms of disease or consisting of a detailed review of a clinical problem), and Quality Improvement/Patient Safety. Refer to the online guides on How to Write a Clinical Vignette Abstract and How to Write a Research Abstract for more information.
Word limit is 250 words for Clinical Vignettes and 400 words for Quality Improvement and Research. The deadline for entries is August 25, 2013. Please use the online abstract forms for clinical vignettes or research or quality improvement for all submissions. Abstract submissions will be accepted July 25 through August 25, 2013.
Please note the following:
- Each abstract will be evaluated on scientific merit, originality, presentation and clinical application.
- The abstract selection is competitive and not all abstracts submitted will be selected for poster presentation.
- Your abstract must not have been previously presented.
- All communication regarding the abstract competition will be sent electronically, so please make sure your submission e-mail address is accurate. You will receive an individual e-mail notification from Dr. Andrew Adams once he has received your abstract.
- Authors of abstracts selected for poster presentation will be notified by e-mail later in the summer.
Deadline for entries is August 25, 2013.
We are very fortunate to have both Dr. Andy Adams and Dr. Jen McComb chairing this wonderful competition. I also want to thank Dr. Tom Grau for offering the Shadyside Hospital for this year’s event.
We look forward to your participation! It is a great event.
G. Alan Yeasted, MD, FACP
Governor, ACP Pennsylvania Chapter Western Region
Tom Grau, MD, FACP
Associate Program Chair
Andrew Adams, MD, FACP
Chair, Abstract Competitions
Jen McComb, MD, FACP
Chair, Medical Jeopardy Competition
Page updated: 07/25/13
- February 2015 PA Southeastern Region Governor's Newsletter
- February 2015 PA Eastern Region Governor's Newsletter
- January 2015 PA Western Region Governor's Newsletter
- We are proud to announce that Charles Cutler, MD, MACP was awarded the Chapter Centennial Legacy Award.
- Pennsylvania Western Region - Meet Our Governor-elect Designee, Thomas C. Grau, MD, FACP
- Meet Pennsylvania Eastern Governor-elect David L. George, MD, FACP
- Member Feedback - Share Your Thoughts
- Member Accomplishments
- Internist Weekly
Daniel B Kimball, Jr, MD, FACP, Governor
Gregory C. Kane, MD, FACP, Governor
G. Alan Yeasted, MD, FACP
Phone: 610-543-6880 or Toll-free: 800-846-7746
General chapter information/questions: