2013 Pennsylvania Eastern Region Abstract Competition
This abstract competition is open to all ACP Pennsylvania Eastern Region Resident and Student members only. Note: You must be a member of the ACP Pennsylvania Eastern Region to participate.
Competition will be held Saturday, November 9, 2013 at The Commonwealth Medical College in Scranton.
The day will include poster presentations, Medical Jeopardy (Doctor’s Dilemma) competition, lunch and prizes. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your talents and to meet informally with colleagues from other residencies in our region.
Abstract submission can be entered July 1 through August 8, 2013. You must use the electronic submission form to submit an abstract.
The abstract categories include clinical vignettes (aka, cases), quality improvement projects and clinical research projects. In addition to all residents who are ACP members, medical students at The Commonwealth Medical College (TCMC) and Penn State Hershey are invited to submit abstracts. To become an ACP member, visit please visit the residents or students sites on the ACP Web site. Student membership is FREE.
The Medical Jeopardy competition will also be held during this meeting. Only residents may enter this event. A separate announcement will be sent to all Program Directors.
Word limit for all three categories is 300 words, excluding title and author names.
Please follow these guidelines for abstract submission:
- Your abstract must be in one of the following three categories: clinical vignettes, research and quality improvement.
- All work submitted must have been completed while in the current training program.
- Abstracts by chief residents or fellows will not be accepted.
- The name of your institution should not be included in the title or main body of the abstract in order to have blinded judging.
- Each resident may submit up to three abstracts as the primary author.
- Your program directors should be made aware of your submissions.
Sandhya Samavedam, MD
Competition Co- Chair
Robert Paulino, MD
Page updated: 07/29/13
- 2013 Governors-elect Candidates' Bios and Vision Statements - Pennsylvania Eastern Region
- Learn about PAS Governor-elect Gregory C. Kane, MD, FACP
- Member Feedback - Share Your Thoughts
- Member Accomplishments
- Internist Weekly
Daniel B Kimball, Jr, MD, FACP, Governor
Darilyn V. Moyer, MD, FACP, Governor
G. Alan Yeasted, MD, FACP
Phone: 610-543-6880 or Toll-free: 800-846-7746
General chapter information/questions: