Biographical Sketch and Vision Statement for Governor
Jay L. Larson, MD, FACP
Jay L. Larson, MD, FACP, the Montana Chapter Governor, started his four-year term as Governor in the Spring of 2012. As Governor, Dr. Larson serves as the official representative of the College for the Montana Chapter, providing a link between members at the local level and leadership at the national level.To learn more about Dr. Larson, below is his bio and vision statement for the chapter.
Jay L. Larson
EDUCATION: College: Carroll College, Helena, MT, Degree: B. A. in Biology August 1979 to May 1983, Medical School: University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, Degree: M. D. September 1983 to June 1987
POST DOCTORAL TRAINING: Residency: Internal Medicine at the University of Utah Affiliated Hospitals, Salt Lake City, UT June 1987 to June 1990; CERTIFICATION: American Board of Internal Medicine 1990, American Board of Internal Medicine 2000-2010, American Board of Internal Medicine 2010-2020
PRESENT POSITION:Private Practice, South Hills Internal Medicine Associates
ACP ACTIVITIES: 1988 -1990: Associate, 1990 - 1995: Member, 1995 - current: Fellow, Laureate Award Montana Chapter September 2008, 2008 Key Contact of the Year
AREAS OF PROFESSIONAL INTEREST/EXPERTISE: Reviving outpatient general internal medicine
"To help prevent the extinction of general internal medicine."
- Governor's Newsletter - June 2015
- 2015 Annual Chapter Scientific Meeting - Register Now!
- ACP IMpact Newsletter: IM Family, The Loges - February 2015
- Meet Our Governor-elect - Pamela J. Hiebert, MD, FACP
- Yellowstone Public Radio's interview with Dr. Larson
- Health Information Booklet
- University of Washington Grand Rounds Archive
- Osler Club for WWAMI Students
- Member Accomplishments