If you have any current news to share about yourself or a colleague that we can celebrate, please e-mail it to Maryellen Woodward.
The Chapter is pleased to announce that Mary M. Newman, MD, FACP, has been elected a Master and received her Mastership at Internal Medicine 2013 in San Francisco. Masters are Fellows who have been selected because of “personal character, positions of honor, contributions towards furthering the purposes of the ACP, eminence in practice or in medical research, or other attainments in science or in the art of medicine.” They are distinguished by the excellence and significance of his or her contributions to the field of medicine. Please join us in congratulating Dr. Newman on this well deserved accomplishment!
The Chapter is also proud to announce the following national ACP awardees. They received their awards at Internal Medicine 2013.
Michael J. Klag, MD, FACP, has been awarded the James D. Bruce Memorial Award for Distinguished Contributions in Preventive Medicine.
William T. Carpenter, MD, is the awardee of the William C. Menninger Memorial Award for Distinguished Contributions to the Science of Mental Health.
The Ralph O. Claypoole Sr. Memorial Award for Devotion of a Career in Internal Medicine to the Care of Patients has been awarded to N. Thomas Connally, MD, MACP.
2013 Internal Medicine Abstract Presenters
We were honored to have ten chapter members represent our chapter for the Associate and Medical Student Abstract Competition held during Internal Medicine 2013 in San Francisco.
- Rutika J Mehta, MBBS, Associate Poster, Clinical Research
- George Kunnackal John, MD, Associate Poster, Clinical Vignette
- Michael G Allison, MD, Associate Poster, Clinical Vignette
- Rohit K Jain, MD, Associate Poster, Clinical Vignette
- Rupali N Sangrampurkar, MBBS, Associate Poster, Clinical Vignette
- Svetlana Chembrovich, MD, Associate Poster, Clinical Vignette
- Talha Abdul Rehman Meeran, MBBS, Associate Poster, Clinical Vignette
- Ujjval Jariwala, MD, Associate Poster, Clinical Vignette
- Charmian D Sittambalam, MD, Associate Poster, QI/PS - HVCCC
- David Narotsky, Medical Student Oral Presentation, Clinical Research
The Chapter recognizes and congratulates physicians who have been elected to Fellowship in the College in the past six months as well as welcomes its new members. Please view the list and join us in celebrating with them!
The Maryland Chapter would like to thank the following members for recruiting their colleagues as part of ACP's Recruit-a-Colleague program:
Arthur S. Harrow, MD, FACP
Rachelle A. Smith, MD
Ravneet Riar, MBBS
Page updated: 05/22/13