Health IT Information
Below are some very helpful information and resources regarding Health IT.
Leadership Day on Capitol Hill
2014 Leadership Day
Westin Washington DC City Center
1400 M Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005
The 22nd annual Leadership Day on Capitol Hill will be held on May 21-22, 2014 at the Westin Washington DC City Center.
Leadership Day enables the College to increase its presence on Capitol Hill and bring our issues of concern to U.S. lawmakers.
This two-day event provides ACP members with advocacy and/or media training, an update on the College's priority legislative issues; briefings from Members of Congress, Administration officials, and key Capitol Hill staffers; and an opportunity to meet with your state's elected officials. A special briefing for Resident/Fellow members and medical students is also provided.
ACP members interested in participating in Leadership Day 2014 should contact their chapter Governor to let him/her know of your interest and to be included in the chapter delegation congressional meetings.
For more information, please contact Shuan Tomlinson at email@example.com or 800-338-2746 ext. 4547.
Where the College Stands on key health policy issues, news and recent policy changes
Visit Legislative Action Center for more information about the new Advocates for Internal Medicine Network (AIMn) and the Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award.
- Consumer Web site: Affordable Care Act- site provides clear, trusted, concise and understandable information--by state, by timeline, and by different patient characteristics (like small business, under or over age 65).
- An Internistís Practical Guide to Understanding Health System Reform- practical resource guide for internists on recently-enacted health care reform legislation and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
- AmericanEHR Partners: an interactive website designed to assist medical practices compare, select, and implement electronic health records.
- The ACP Advocate: bi-weekly, e-newsletter created to provide ACP members with news about public policy issues affecting internal medicine and patient care.
- The ACP Advocate Blog by Bob Doherty
- Legislative Action Center
- Electronic Resolution System - find Chapter Sponsored Resolutions
- Member Advocacy - Other resources to help members advocate ACP policy
- White House Health Reform Web site - useful state-by-state data that highlights the current status of health care and the need for reform this year.
- Project Vote Smart - a comprehensive database that helps you identify federal and state legislators, through a zip code search, and research their positions, voting records, campaign finances, performance evaluations, and even send them an email.
- Public Policy Virtual Library (PPVL) - a repository of ACP's current and historic policies and the Policy Compendium.
Page Updated: 4/4/14
Page updated: 06/01/11