Japan Chapter Welcome
Welcome to the Web site for the Japan Chapter of the American College of Physicians.
ACP is the largest medical specialty organization in the United States. ACP, founded in 1915, and ASIM, founded in 1956 merged in July of 1998. Membership comprises 141,000 internal medicine physicians and medical students. Internists provide the majority of health care to adults in America.
As Governor, I have the responsibility of representing the Japan Chapter to the national organization; encouraging internists in Japan to become members and members to advance to Fellowship; recognizing members; encouraging input and action on national and local political issues effecting the environment of internal medicine; and hosting local scientific meetings.
I am proud to represent the Japan Chapter and enjoy the opportunity to meet the talented and dedicated internists in our country.
Any suggestions you might have for what should be included in our Web site are encouraged. Similarly, we would like to hear any suggestions you have for how the Japan Chapter of the ACP might help make us better physicians and improve the quality of the professional life of internists.
I look forward to seeing you at our next meeting.
Shotai Kobayashi, MD, MACP
Governor, ACP Japan Chapter
- December 2014 Governor's Newsletter
- August 2014 Governor's Newsletter
- March 2014 Governor's Newsletter
- March 2014 Governor's Newsletter - English
- Meet Our Governor-elect, Fumiaki Ueno, MD, MACP
- July 2013 Governor's Newsletter
- July 2013 Governor's Newsletter - English
- March 2013 Governor's Newsletter
- Japan Chapter receives 2013 Special Recognition Award
- Member Accomplishments