- From the Governor
- Hold the Date: Indiana Chapter 2013 Meeting
- New ACP Awards Committee Chair
- Register Now for the Internal Medicine 2013 Meeting!
- ACP Indiana Chapter Leadership Upcoming Webinar
- Items of Interest
From the Governor
This edition of the newsletter includes information on our fall chapter meeting date, our new Awards Committee Chair, upcoming events, and some items of interest. As always I would like to hear back from ACP members about we can be doing to bring new initiatives to the chapter. I can be contacted at email@example.com or (765) 747-4350.
J. Matthew Neal, MD, MBA, FACP
Governor, Indiana Chapter
Hold the date for the 2013 Indiana Chapter Meeting!
November 15-16, 2013
The Marten House Hotel & Lilly Conference Center
For more information and to register, visit our News & Meetings page.
New ACP Awards Committee Chair
Asok Antony, MD, MACP, will be taking on the position of Chair of the Indiana Chapter Awards Committee from Dr. Richard Kohler, who will be stepping down as Chair after many years of service. Dr. Kohler will remain on the Committee. Thanks to Dr. Antony for taking on this endeavor.
Register Now for the Internal Medicine 2013 Meeting!
Registration is open for the 2013 Annual Meeting in San Francisco. Pre-Courses are April 9-10 and the Scientific Program is April 11-13. I hope to see you there at our reception (details to follow). For more information, visit http://im2013.acponline.org/
ACP Indiana Chapter Leadership Upcoming Webinar
“Developing a Research Question”
J. Matthew Neal, MD, MBA, FACP
January 17, 2013
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
1. Understand the different types of research studies and select the appropriate type for the proposed project.
2. Understand the importance of the Institutional Review Board and when to refer your project there for approval.
3. Understand basic concepts of forming a research question and hypothesis.
4. Understand the basics of a performance improvement project and the differences between PI and traditional “research.”
Indiana University Health Ball Memorial Hospital is accredited by the Indiana State Medical Association (ISMA) to sponsor continuing medical education for physicians. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Items of Interest
Update on Fiscal Cliff
The House of Representatives late Tuesday approved the Senate's last-minute fiscal cliff package that staves off a sharp Medicare physician pay cut by cutting billions from other Medicare providers, including hospitals, pharmacies and dialysis clinics.
Early on New Year's Day, the Senate voted 89-8 to approve the American Taxpayer Relief Act, an amended version of a tax bill that House Ways and Means Chairman Dave Camp (R-Mich.) introduced last summer. House members on Tuesday considered the Senate-passed legislation in meetings during the day and floor debate in the evening. In a vote of 257 to 167, the House passed the measure, which permanently extends middle-class tax cuts and postpones the automatic spending cuts known as the sequester for two months. The legislation also averts the expected 26.5% Medicare physician payment cut and extends current Medicare payment rates for doctors through Dec.31, 2013.
Now that both chambers have approved the package, Congress will send the legislation to President Barack Obama for his signature. Moments after the House vote, the president said in a brief news conference that Tuesday's agreement helps reduce the nation's deficit by raising $620 billion in revenue from the wealthiest households in America. He also noted there will be more deficit reduction as Congress considers how to address the sequester, and he indicated he's open to reforms in the Medicare program.
Read an article on this topic from Modern Healthcare
- Governor's Newsletter - October 2014
- Governor's Newsletter - September 2014
- 2014 Governors-elect Candidates' Bios and Vision Statements
- 2014 Indiana Chapter Meeting Registration Now Open!
Oct. 30 - Nov. 1, 2014
- Download handouts from the 2013 IN Chapter Meeting
- Indiana Chapter Webinar Playbacks Now Available
- Indiana Medicaid Prior Authorization Form
- Member Accomplishments
Indiana Chapter Governor:
J. Matthew Neal, MD, MBA, CPE, FACP, FACE
(765) 747-4350; Fax (765) 751-1451
4319 West Clara Lane, PMB #288
Muncie, Indiana 47304