Congratulations to our Members
Two Chapter Fellows will Receive National Awards
Congratulations to Prerna Mona Khanna, MD, FACP who will receive the Oscar E. Edwards Memorial Award for Volunteerism and Community Service and to David W. Baker, MD, FACP who will receive the Alvan R. Feinstein Award for Patient Care in the Field of Clinical Epidemiology. Both awards as well as other national awards will be presented during Convocation at Internal Medicine 2013 in San Francisco.
Kudos to our New Masters!
Congratulations to Robert A. Balk, Dale N. Gerding and Stephen M. Korbet, who will be awarded Mastership of the College at the Convocation ceremony during ACP Internal Medicine 2013 in San Francisco. To be considered for Mastership, the candidate must have made a notable contribution to medicine. This includes but is not limited to teaching, outstanding work in clinical medicine (research or practice), contributions to preventive medicine, improvements in the delivery of health care, or contributions to medical literature.
Congratulations to Our New Fellows
View the full list of new Fellows who were elected in the past 6 months
2012 Internal Medicine Abstract Winners
We were honored to have 33 chapter members represent our chapter for the Associate and Medical Student Abstract Competitions held during Internal Medicine 2012. Congratulations to the following who were selected as national winners during the competition!
- Mudita Bhugra, MBBS from Southern Illinois University in Springfield, was selected to do an Associate clinical vignette podium presentation for Levamisole-Induced Pseudovasculitis.
- Emad Uddin Abdul Samad Hakemi, MD from John H. Stroger Hospital, Cook County Program, in Chicago, was selected to do an Associate clinical vignette podium presentation for Thrombocytopenia After Blood Transfusion.
- Rojina Pant, MBBS from Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center/North Side Health Network in Chicago, was selected to do an Associate clinical vignette podium presentation for Application of Myocardial Perfusion Imaging in a Chest-Pain Rule Out Cohort.
- Vijaya Sivalingam Ramalingam, MBBS from Univerisy of Illinois College of Medicine in Urabab, was selected as a winner for his Associate research poster, Not a Patient for Hand Clinic!
Chapter Member Elected to National Council
Kudos to Gaurav Jain from the SIU School of Medicine who was recently elected to serve ACP's National Council of Associates as the Midwestern Region Representative. His two-year term started in April 2012. We wish him well in this new leadership role!
Congratulations to to our National Awardees!
The following Illinois members received national awards during the Convocation ceremony at Internal Medicine 2012 in New Orleans:
- James H. Sipkins, MD, FACP of Evanston will be presented with the "Outstanding Volunteer Clinical Teacher Award".
- Monica B. Vela, MD, FACP of Chicago will be presented with the "American College of Physicians Award for Diversity and Access to Care".
- Louis H. Philipson, MD, FACP of Chicago will be presented with the "Samuel Eichold II Memorial Award for Contributions in Diabetes".
The Illinois Chapter would like to thank the following member for recruiting their colleagues as part of ACP's Recruit-a-Colleague program:
- Marie T Brown, MD FACP
- Aarati D Didwania, MD FACP
- Natasha Garg, MD
- Susan Hingle, MD FACP
- Ned I Zallik, MD FACP
Page updated: 2/8/13
- Save the Date! IL Chapter Meeting
Nov. 6-7, 2013
- Illinois Northern MKSAP Study Hall
- Save the Date! IL Downstate Associates' Day: Nov. 1, 2013
- Illinois Downstate April 2013 Update
- Illinois Downstate receives 2013 John Tooker Evergreen Award
- Your input requested!
(survey about website)
- Register Now for Our Many Webinars
- Member Accomplishments
- Visit the Chapter Photo Gallery