Iowa Chapter Council of Young Physicians
The ACP Iowa Chapter has a Facebook page!
- The goals of our Facebook page are to increase our presence amongst our young physicians, associate and student members. It will be a great way to communicate our upcoming events and we will post pictures also. You can communicate with us and let us know your thoughts-hopefully once we have a larger following we can utilize this page as a forum.
- We have links to our ACP home page which has many associated links of interest.
- Please sign up to become a “fan” or “like” our page so that we can keep in touch with you. Of note for those of us that are not as savvy with Facebook you do NOT need to have a Facebook account to access this page. We have a link on our ACP Iowa Chapter Web site also.
Chapter Council of Young Physicians
Dr. Sadia Benson, CYP Chair, presents the new Facebook page and CYP social to residents and students at Iowa Methodist medical Center in Des Moines. CYP is focused on promoting recruitment and retention for our resiedents and students through a more visual presence, ACP toolkits were handed out to senior residents
**Stay tuned for an upcoming volunteerism event through Habitat for Humanity with dinner and drinks afterwards.
Scientific Meeting 2012
- Don’t forget to sign up to attend our annual scientific meeting in Iowa City scheduled March 30-31, 2012. We have a lot of interesting programs including: pain management, MOC modules, hands on training and more.
- We will have a Council of Young Physicians Reception on Friday, March 30 - families are invited, so please bring your kids and spouses. It will be a great event to interact with mentors and peers.
- Stay posted for future CYP events, we are planning an event in Dubuque and Des Moines that will include CME, food, drinks and social networking along with volunteerism opportunities.
Page updated: 03/12/12