The Council of Young Physicians forms in Georgia
The American College of Physicians (ACP) has put forth a national movement to recruit and involve younger internists within the College both locally and nationally. Several members of the Georgia chapter of the ACP have recognized this need and formed the Georgia Chapter of the Council of Young Physicians (GaCYP). The purpose of this organization is to recruit Internists and Subspecialists within the Internal Medicine fields to become involved in the ACP on a state level.
“The GaCYP was formed, in part, to invigorate our state chapter of ACP with new blood and new ideas, as well as give young physicians a venue to be heard,” said Danny Newman, MD, an internist from Augusta, and the President of the newly-formed organization. He further adds: “In the future, the GaCYP will be a great way to meet other physicians, a way to be involved in the College, and a mechanism to convey our concerns at the state level. It’s very important for young physicians to come together to promote our vision of healthcare as the landscape of Medicine changes”.
The GaCYP is founded on the premise that membership will:
- Facilitate networking amongst the young internists within the state
- Provide a platform for future political activism, both within the ACP as well as the GaCYP
- Augment the academic mission of the Georgia ACP through Continuing Medical Education activities
- Foster the development of the young internist in the changing medical climate
The GA CYP will host a social mixer Saturday, October 29th at Callaway Gardens in conjunction with the annual state ACP meeting. All physicians who are within sixteen years of graduation from medical school are welcome and are invited to attend.
Page updated: 9/16/11
- Upcoming MOC SEP modules: May 10 and June 7
- 2014 Georgia Chapter Meeting Information
- Georgia Chapter Photo Album: 2013 Chapter Meeting
- March 2014 Governor's Newsletter
- Creation of the Resident Fellow Council (RFC)is Official!
- Meet Our Governor-elect Designee, Walter J. Moore, MD, FACP
- ACP Benefits Highlights
- Internist Weekly
- Member Accomplishments