The Georgia Chapter American College of Physicians (ACP) includes many inspirational members who have very accomplished. The American College of Physicians will recognize accomplishments of distinguished Georgia Members through the College's awards and Masterships program at the Centennial Internal Medicine Meeting in Boston on April 30, 2015. The College will recognize outstanding contributions in the practice of medicine, teaching, research, public service, leadership, and medical volunteerism. The Georgia Chapter ACP members and Georgia health care organizations will be honored with the following awards as nominated by Georgia ACP and approved by the ACP Board of Regents:
- Mastership in American College of Physicians: Otis W. Brawley Jr., MD, MACP, Atlanta, Georgia, Ruth M. Parker, MD, MACP, Atlanta, Georgia
- Edward R. Loveland Memorial Award for a Distinguished Contribution in the Health Field: HealthSTAT, Atlanta, Georgia
- Jane F. Desforges Distinguished Teacher Award: John F. Fisher, MD, MACP, Augusta, Georgia
- Richard and Hinda Rosenthal Award: Mercy Care Clinic Atlanta, Georgia
2014 Internal Medicine Abstract Competition Winner
Special congratulations to Deepika Garg, MD from Atlanta Medical Center Program, who was a winner in the Resident/Fellow Clinical Research category at the Internal Medicine 2014 Abstract Competition. His poster title was "Cannabis -- A Trigger of Acute Coronary Syndromes".
Hats off to Stacey M. Higgins, MD, FACP, who is received the W. Lester Henry Award for Diversity and Access to Care at Internal Medicine 2014.
Congratulations to Robert M. Lubitz, MD, FACP and Walter J. Moore, MD, FACP who received their Masterships at Internal Medicine 2014.
The Chapter recognizes and congratulates Georgia Chapter physicians who were elected to Fellowship in the College in the past 6 months.
The Georgia Chapter would like to thank the following members for recruiting their colleagues as part of ACP's Recruit-a-Colleague program:
- Joyce P Doyle, MD FACP
- Sam L Featherston, MD
- Welborn Cody McClatchey, MD FACP
If you have any current news to share about yourself or a colleague that we can celebrate, please send it along to the Governor, Jacqueline Fincher, MD, FACP.
Page updated: 11/17/14