If you have any current news to share about yourself or a colleague that we can celebrate, please e-mail it to Ann Tennett.
Congratulations to the following DC Chapter members, who have achieved the high honor of winning a national ACP award. They received their awards at the 2013 Internal Medicine Meeting held in San Francisco in April.
Kennneth L. Becker, MD, MACP, has been awarded the John Phillips Memorial Award for Outstanding Work in Clinical Medicine. This award is bestowed for outstanding work in clinical medicine.
David G. Borenstein, MD, MACP and Cynthia E. Dunbar, MD, MACP, have been awarded Masterships. Masters are Fellows who have been selected because of “personal character, positions of honor, contributions towards furthering the purposes of the ACP, eminence in practice or in medical research, or other attainments in science or in the art of medicine.” Masters must be highly accomplished individuals. Evidence of their achievements can come from many types of endeavors such as research, education, health care initiatives, volunteerism, and administrative positions. The Master must be distinguished by the excellence and significance of his or her contributions to the field of medicine.
2013 Internal Medicine Abstract Presenters
We were honored to have nine chapter members represent our chapter for the Associate and Medical Student Abstract Competition held during Internal Medicine 2013 in San Francisco.
- John H Dzundza, MD, Associate Oral Presentation, QI/PS - HVCCC
- Anindita Chowdhury, MBBS, Associate Poster, Clinical Research
- Janette N Zara, MD, Associate Poster, Basic Research
- LT Tyrone Lehmon Robinson, Associate Poster, Clinical Vignette
- Namrata P Shah, MD, Associate Poster, Clinical Vignette
- Ruby Gupta, MD, Associate Poster, Clinical Vignette
- Rutul J Dalal, MBBS, Associate Poster, Clinical Vignette
- Stephanie R Wappel, MD, Associate Poster, Clinical Vignette
- Lillian Man, Medical Student Poster, Clinical Vignette
The Chapter recognizes and congratulates physicians who have been elected to Fellowship in the College in the past six months as well as welcomes its new members. Please view the list and join us in celebrating with them!
The District of Columbia Chapter would like to thank the following member for recruiting their colleagues as part of ACP's Recruit-a-Colleague program:
Michael S. Barr, MD, MBA, FACP
Page updated: 05/22/13