|November 2011||Mahesh Raju, BSc, MBBS, FRCPC, FACP, ACP Governor|
- Governor's Message
- Share & Converse in Online Member Forum
- Strengthen Our Chapter: Participate in ACP’s Recruit-a-Colleague Chapter Rewards Program!
A very successful meeting of the Canadian Society of Internal Medicine ,and the Atlantic Chapter of the ACP was recently held in Halifax Nova Scotia Oct 12,15 2011. The meeting was made of plenary sessions, workshops, symposiums, mentoring sessions, keynote addresses and of course the awards dinner. Highlights included Dr Jock Murray on the community response to the great Halifax fire of the last century.
The response was great and the quality of presentations was superb. We were very pleased to see many Internal Medicine residents joining us .It was a true reflection of community and academic Internal medicine interests.
A moment of silence was held for Dr. David Hawkins who unfortunately passed away February of this year. He was a long standing Dean of Medicine at Memorial University.
A well deserving list of awardees were recognized for their life long contribution in the field of medical education, service delivery and medical research including the following:
Sir William Osler Award
Dr. Belluru Satyanarayana
Dr. Mark Whelan
Dr. Hector Baillee
ACP Laureate Award
Dr. Tom Marrie
Dr. Brian O’Brien.
All and all it was a wonderful example of co-operation between CSIM and ACP. We look forward to more successful meetings and look forward to seeing you in New Orleans for Medicine 2012 in April.
Wishing you a Happy Holidays.
Governor Mahesh Raju
Share & Converse in Online Member Forums
You asked. We listened. ACP is pleased to introduce Special Interest Groups, an online forum for members only.
Share: Experiences and questions.
Inform: Creative solutions and ideas.
Gather: Virtual meeting place with like-minded physicians.
Member-Driven: Groups of interest fueled by ACP members.
Private: Secure physician online community.
Free: Benefit of membership.
Simple: Sign up to connect with ACP peers now.
Groups include: Hospital Medicine, Small Practice, Work/Life Balance, ACOs/New Practice Models, Emerging Technology and Physician Educators.
Strengthen Our Chapter: Participate in ACP’s Recruit-a-Colleague Chapter Rewards Program!
The American College of Physicians and the Atlantic Provinces Chapter encourages all members to help strengthen the voice of internal medicine by recommending ACP Membership to colleagues. By joining the College, your colleagues will enrich their clinical knowledge and skills and have access to all of the ACP member benefits that you enjoy.
To thank you for your dedication to our organization, ACP offers incentives to members and their chapters that recruit new members through the Recruit-a-Colleague Chapter (RACC) Rewards Program.
As with the national Recruit-a-Colleague Program, the RACC Program rewards successful individual recruiters with dues credits for each new full Member recruited and a chance to win a trip to the annual Internal Medicine meeting. In addition, the RACC Program also provides rewards to the recruiters’ chapters. The Recruit-a-Colleague Chapter Rewards Program runs annually from April 1 through March 15.
To participate, simply forward to your colleagues the Membership application. To qualify for the program, your name must be listed on the recruiter line of this specially coded application.
To learn more, please visit the site.
- Meet the Quebec Chapter Governor-elect Designee, Nadine Lahoud, MD, FACP
- Meet the Ontario Chapter Governor-elect Designee, Alexander Ross Morton, MD, FACP
- Meet the British Columbia Chapter Governor-elect Designee, Dawn E. Dewitt, MD, FACP
- Meet the Alberta Chapter Governor-elect Designee, Narmin Kassam, MD, FACP
- Governor's Newsletter - Ontario - November 2013
- 2013 Governors-elect Candidates' Bios and Vision Statements - Alberta
- 2013 Governors-elect Candidates' Bios and Vision Statements - Ontario
- 2013 Governors-elect Candidates' Bios and Vision Statements - Quebec
- Governor's Newsletter - Alberta - May 2013
- Governor's Newsletter - Quebec - Février 2013
- Governor's Newsletter - Quebec - February 2013
- Governor's Newsletter - Ontario - February 2013
- Governor's Newsletter - Manitoba/Saskatchewan - May 2012
- News and Meetings
- Member Accomplishments