As Governor for the Alberta Chapter, I welcome you to the Canadian Web site. My hope is that this site makes it easy for physicians in our area to learn about and participate in the activities of our Chapter. It also provides information so that you can contact me, other chapter leaders, and fellow chapter members as the need arises.
The Alberta Chapter is growing, with over 350 members. Our Chapter has a rich history of supporting the goal of the ACP to promote better patient care by educating and informing patients and fellow physicians. I encourage you to be an active member of our Chapter. If you are an internist in Alberta but are not yet an ACP member, I invite you to browse our site to learn more about the College and our activities in the state.
As Governor, I have the responsibility of representing the Alberta Chapter to the national organization; encouraging internists in our Chapter to become members, encouraging qualified members to advance to Fellowship; recognizing members for their contribution to internal medicine; stimulating input and action on national and local political issues effecting the environment of internal medicine; hosting local scientific meetings and CME events; and encouraging medical student members and Associates (i.e., residents) to participate in local and national College activities.
I am proud to represent the Alberta Chapter and enjoy the opportunity to meet the talented and dedicated internists in our province.
If you have ideas for useful information we could include on this site or more importantly -- how the Chapter can enhance your professional life -- I would like to hear from you. Call me at 780-418-8200 or send me an e-mail at email@example.com.
I look forward to seeing you at our next meeting or at the College's Annual Internal Medicine meeting in the spring.
Neil E. Gibson, MD, FACP
Governor, ACP Alberta Chapter
- Manitoba/Saskatchewan Governor's Newsletter - March 2014
- Governor's Newsletter - Quebec - Décembre 2013
- Meet the Quebec Chapter Governor-elect Designee, Nadine Lahoud, MD, FACP
- Meet the Ontario Chapter Governor-elect Designee, Alexander Ross Morton, MD, FACP
- Meet the British Columbia Chapter Governor-elect Designee, Dawn E. Dewitt, MD, FACP
- Meet the Alberta Chapter Governor-elect Designee, Narmin Kassam, MD, FACP
- Governor's Newsletter - Ontario - November 2013
- Governor's Newsletter - Alberta - May 2013
- Governor's Newsletter - Quebec - Février 2013
- Governor's Newsletter - Quebec - February 2013
- Governor's Newsletter - Ontario - February 2013
- Governor's Newsletter - Manitoba/Saskatchewan - May 2012
- News and Meetings
- Member Accomplishments