Updates from CMS on the EHR Incentive Programs
Below, please find updates on the CMS EHR Incentive Programs.
- CMS announced that attestation for the Medicare Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program will began on April 18, 2011. Interested professionals can preview the attestation system here. Remember, registration for the Medicare EHR Incentive Program is active and available at www.cms.gov/EHRIncentivePrograms/20_RegistrationandAttestation.asp. This page also contains a link to the Attestation Module. The last day for eligible professionals to register and attest to meaningful use for calendar year 2011 is February 29, 2012. The last day for eligible hospitals and Critical Access Hospitals to register and attest to meaningful use for calendar year 2011 is November 30, 2011.
- Also, please remember that CMS has developed Meaningful Use specification sheets that provide detailed, measure-specific information on the requirements of Meaningful Use. Hospital specification sheets are available. Specification sheets for professionals are also available.
- The Version 5010 Transaction Standards Deadline Is Approaching. Are You Ready?: While not directly related to the EHR Incentive Programs, see below for a reminder about the importance of preparing for the 5010 transition. The deadline for all HIPAA-covered entities to be transitioned from Version 4010/4010A1 to Version 5010 electronic transaction standards is January 1, 2012.
Page updated: 04/18/11
- 2014 Southern California Chapters Scientific Meeting
October 18-19, 2014
Register Online Now!
- Southern California Region I July 2014 Newsletter
- Southern California Region II July 2014 Newsletter
- California Services Spring-Summer 2014 Newsletter
- Southern California Region I wins 2014 John Tooker Evergreen Award
- Member Accomplishments
- Medicare Updates
- Internist Weekly