State Legislative Resources
Following are some Web sites that are good resources for getting California legislative updates:
California Medical Association - always a good, pretty timely site for legislative updates as well as a myriad of other happenings. Use this site to sign up for CMA Alert, a weekly email publication, and Daily News Clips.
CAPP-(Californians Allied for Patient Protection) coalition web site
Consumer Attorneys of California - the Plaintiff's attorney's web site. Look for their "fibs and facts" on MICRA
California Legislative Counsel Information - from this site you can look up bills, search for bills using keywords, find your legislator and look up California law. If you want to follow a particular bill, go to the page for the bill, and at the bottom of the page, there will be an opportunity to subscribe to an email alert system for that bill.
State of California Governor's Website - find updates and reports on the Governor's various initiatives such as the California Performance Review
Rough & Tumble - a daily snapshot of California's Public Policy and Politics articles.
Kaiser Family Foundation - hundreds of reports on health access, public health, Medicaid and more
California Health Care Foundation - was one of two foundation financed by Blue Cross when Blue Cross changed from not-for-profit to for-profit status. It too has dozens of reports on the state of health care today. Additionally they provide grant money for health related studies.
California Channel - website to view legislative hearings
California Health Benefits Review Program - the website of legislative mandate to review new health benefit mandates and quantify impact
Page updated: 05/02/14
- Southern California Region II Chapter Governor's Newsletter-April 2015
- Southern California Region I Chapter Governor's Newsletter-March 2015
- Southern California Region III Chapter Governor's Newsletter-February 2015
- Southern California Region I Chapter-Meet Our Governor-elect Designee, Mark S. Noah, MD, FACP
- Southern California Region II Chapter - Meet Our Governor-elect Designee, Alpesh N. Amin, MD, MBA, MACP
- Board Review Course
- California Services Winter 2015 Newsletter
- Member Accomplishments
- Medicare Updates
- Internist Weekly