2013 ACP Southern California Chapters I, II, and III
Resident and Medical Student Poster Competition
Southern California Chapters Annual Scientific Meeting
November 2-3, 2013
Marina Del Rey Marriott
If you have worked on a research project or have an interesting clinical case, you can submit your abstract for a chance to present a poster at the ACP Southern California regions I, II, and III Poster Competition.
Abstracts will be accepted into one of two categories: (1) Clinical Vignettes - cases that illustrate a rare disease entity, or an unusual or interesting clinical presentation of an established entity, or (2) Research clinical and/or lab research, delineating a new investigation into mechanisms of disease or a detailed review of a clinical problem. If your abstract is chosen, you will be invited to present a poster at the competition on November 2, 2013. You can find guidelines on how to write an abstract on the College's Web site.
In order to submit an abstract, you must:
- Be currently enrolled in an Internal medicine residency or specialty fellowship training program within Southern California, or as a student at a Southern California Medical or Osteopathic School.
- Complete the program registration form even if you do not plan on attending the full Scientific Session. We need to know if you will be staying for meals, the reception, etc. This is important so that we may plan our activities accordingly. There is a $25 registration fee. The meeting brochure and registration form will be posted shortly on the chapter Web site .
- Submit your abstract via the online abstract form. You will receive an email confirmation that your abstract has been successfully uploaded to the ACP website. In addition, you will receive an e-mail within 2 weeks after submission indicating whether your abstract has been accepted into the poster competition.
- A maximum of two abstracts per first author (one per each category Clinical Vignette and Research) may be submitted. The abstract word limit is 450 words.
- No edits are allowed once the abstracts are submitted. Please ensure that all errors are corrected before submitting. Abstracts that dont appear professional will not be accepted.
- If the abstract is accepted, you must bring a poster (no larger than 4 x 6) to the competition. Poster criteria will be available on the abstract acceptance letter. If the first author is not available to present the poster, then the second author can do so.
- First-place winners in each regional chapter and each category (e.g. Clinical Vignette, Region III, etc.) will be sponsored to present their poster at the ACP National Internal Medicine 2014 Poster Competition in Orlando, Florida, April 2014. Recognition awards will be presented to the first-place winners in the Medical Student categories.
The deadline for abstract submission is Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at midnight. The abstract portal will close once the deadline is passed. For questions, please contact Gus Chavez.
Page updated: 08/22/13
- 2014 Governors-elect Candidates' Bios and Vision Statements Southern California Region I Chapter
- 2014 Governors-elect Candidates' Bios and Vision Statements Southern California Region II Chapter
- Southern California Region III July 2014 Newsletter
- 2014 Southern California Chapters Scientific Meeting
October 18-19, 2014
- 2014 Northern California Chapter Scientific Meeting
November 21-13, 2014
- Southern California Region I July 2014 Newsletter
- Southern California Region II July 2014 Newsletter
- California Services Spring-Summer 2014 Newsletter
- Member Accomplishments
- Medicare Updates
- Internist Weekly