Want to earn Medicare Electronic Health Record (EHR) incentive payments? Act Now!
Eligible professionals must have an enrollment record in the Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System (PECOS) in order to receive a Medicare EHR incentive payment.
Did you know that billing and receiving payments from Medicare does not necessarily mean that an eligible professional has an enrollment record in PECOS.
Donít wait! Act now to verify that you have an enrollment record in PECOS.
If you do not have an enrollment record in PECOS, establish your enrollment record now.
If you have submitted a Medicare enrollment application within the last 90 days, and your enrollment application has been accepted for processing by the carrier or A/B MAC, you need not take any additional actions based on this listserv message. (You will be contacted by your carrier or A/B MAC if additional information is needed.
How can I find out if I have an enrollment record in PECOS?
Choose one of the following:
- Use Internet-based PECOS to look for your PECOS enrollment record. (You will need to first set up your access to Internet-based PECOS.) Go to Verify PECOS Record for more information. If no record is displayed, you do not have an enrollment record in PECOS.
- Check the Ordering Referring Report on the CMS website. If you are of a specialty permitted to order and refer and you are on that report, you have a current enrollment record in PECOS. Go to Ordering and Referring Report.
- Contact your designated Medicare enrollment contractor and ask if you have an enrollment record in PECOS. Go to Contractor List for contact information.
I donít have an enrollment record. What should I do?
Internet-based PECOS is the fastest and most efficient way to submit your enrollment application. For instructions, see Basics of Internet-based PECOS for Physicians and Non-Physician Practitioners . If you encounter problems or have questions as you navigate the system, there is help available.
Electronic Health Record Incentives Ė Get the Facts from CMS
Page updated: 10/20/10
- Southern California Region II Chapter Governor's Newsletter-April 2015
- Southern California Region I Chapter Governor's Newsletter-March 2015
- Southern California Region III Chapter Governor's Newsletter-February 2015
- Southern California Region I Chapter-Meet Our Governor-elect Designee, Mark S. Noah, MD, FACP
- Southern California Region II Chapter - Meet Our Governor-elect Designee, Alpesh N. Amin, MD, MBA, MACP
- Board Review Course
- California Services Winter 2015 Newsletter
- Member Accomplishments
- Medicare Updates
- Internist Weekly