New "Emergency Situation Driving Emblem" available to physicians as a result of CMA resurrecting an old statute.
This all came about thanks to a long-time member of CMA: James N. Eustermann, M.D. As a result, CMA and the California Highway Patrol (CHP) have put life back in a state law that allows physicians to exceed speed limits when driving to emergencies. The law (originally passed in 1959) provides a waiver of most speeding laws when the physician's vehicle displays a CHP-approved emblem.
The exemption applies unless the vehicle is being operated recklessly or without regard for the safety of others.
If you have a specific question about this new program, you should e-mail Bret at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All calls should be directed to the CMA Publications Hotline: 800/882-1262
Members may receive one free -- in either magnet or sticker form -- and additional emblems are $10. Non-members must pay $50 each. Shipping, handling and local taxes also apply.
Allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.
Calls should go to the CMA Publications Hotline: 800/882-1262
- Southern CA Region I Chapter-Governor's Newsletter - July 2015
- Southern CA Region II Residents & Students Fair
- CA Northern Abstract Competition
Deadline for submissions: September 13, 2015
- 2015 All California Meeting
October 30-November 1
- Southern California Region I Chapter-Meet Our Governor-elect, Mark S. Noah, MD, FACP
- Southern California Region II Chapter - Meet Our Governor-elect, Alpesh N. Amin, MD, MBA, MACP
- Board Review Course
- Member Accomplishments
- Medicare Updates
- Internist Weekly