2014 Northern California Chapter Abstract Competition
We are pleased to announce the Call for Abstracts for the 2014 ACP Northern California Chapter Scientific Meeting, which will be held November 22 at the Parc 55 Wyndham, San Francisco.
This is an ACP Resident/Fellow Members' and Medical Students' competition. First author and presenter must be an ACP Resident/Fellow Member or Medical Student with current membership status. Residents and Medical Students may apply for membership online. Limit of one (1) entry per first author. Deadline for entries is 11:59 PM, October 17, 2014.
Abstracts will be accepted into one of three categories:Clinical Vignette (reports of one or more cases that illustrate a rare disease entity or an unusual clinical presentation of an established disease), Research (clinical and/or laboratory research, delineating a new investigation into mechanisms of disease or consisting of a detailed review of a clinical problem), or *Quality Improvement/clinical innovations (*students or residents would need to have served in a leadership role, not simply participated in a hospital or attending-generated Quality project). Refer to the online guides on How to Write a Clinical Vignette Abstract and How to Write a Research Abstract for more information. The word limit is 450.
- Competition is open ONLY to members of the ACP Northern California Chapter.
- Due to space, each program is allotted a certain number of abstracts, and program directors must approve submission.
- Poster size: 42 x 42 (square) or 32 x 42 (rectangular)
- All communication regarding the abstract competition will be sent electronically.
- Abstracts can only be submitted electronically. The abstract form will be posted on the chapter Web site on June 15, 2014. Deadline for entries is 11:59 p.m. PT October 17, 2014.
If your abstract is accepted for poster presentation, plan to set up your poster Saturday, November 22 between 10:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
Page updated: 10/10/14