July 15, 2011
The Medical Board of California is sharing the following information from the Office of Statewide Planning and Development regarding the California State Loan Repayment Program and Steven M. Thompson Physician Corps Loan Repayment Program:
$1.7 MILLION AVAILABLE FOR PHYSICIANS
The California State Loan Repayment Program and Steven M. Thompson Physician Corps Loan Repayment Program authorize a plan for repaying up to $105,000 in educational loans in exchange for full-time service for a minimum of three (3) years.Allopathic and osteopathic physicians who meet the following criteria should submit an application by August 1, 2011.
- Have outstanding debt from a governmental or commercial educational lender; and
- Specialize in family practice, general internal medicine, general pediatrics, obstetrics/gynecology, gerontology, or general psychiatry; and
- Are currently employed or have accepted employment at an eligible site; and
- Are willing to provide full-time (40 hours per week) primary care service for 3 years, from September 2011 through September 2014, at an eligible site. (If your site is not listed, please call 916-326-3648 or email Judith.Melson@oshpd.ca.gov for assistance.)
JUST OVER TWO WEEKS LEFT TO APPLY!!
Application Postmark Deadline: August 1, 2011
For the application, flyer and program information, please visit the Web site.
Page updated: 07-15-11
- Northern California Region - Governor's Newsletter - January 2014
- Southern California Region III - Governor's Newsletter - December 2013
- Southern California Region II - Governor's Newsletter - December 2013
- Southern California Region I - Governor's Newsletter - December 2013
- California Services Fall-Winter 2013 Newsletter
- Northern California Early Career Physicians Social Networking Event
February 28, 2014
- Member Accomplishments
- Medicare Updates
- Internist Weekly