Chapter Communication: Conference Call with Dr. David Blumenthal on Thursday, November 18 at 5pm PST
November 16, 2010
Dear California Members,
Do you have questions about reforms related to Health Information Technology (HIT)? Many physicians want to know about the national strategy and how it's taking into account the concerns of physicians and patients.
To answer these questions, Doctors for America has asked Dr. David Blumenthal, the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (and a primary care physician) to join physicians and medical students for a conference call on Thursday, November 18th at 8pm EDT/5pm PDT.
If you would like to participate in this conference call, please go to http://drsforamerica.org/webcast/register/.
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) and Affordable Care Act (ACA) have many provisions supporting Health Information Technology (HIT). We know that many of our colleagues want to move to a more modern system but many are concerned about the expense and difficulty of doing so.
Dr. Blumenthal is spearheading the HIT effort and he will share his perspective on:
- The role of HIT in promoting high-quality, cost-effective care.
- Provisions supporting HIT in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) and in health reform.
- "Meaningful use" and HIT incentive payments.
- The timeline of HIT implementation moving forward.
- The role of physicians in developing the national HIT strategy.
Dr. Blumenthal has accumulated a long list of accomplishments and honors before undertaking his current position. He was Director for the Institute for Health Policy and Physician at The Massachusetts General Hospital/Partners HealthCare System and Samuel O. Thier Professor of Medicine and Professor of Health Care Policy at Harvard Medical School. He was the Senior Vice President at Brigham and Women's Hospital as well as taught at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government. He also served as a Senate staffer under Edward Kennedy. He is a member of the Institute of Medicine and has won many other academic honors. He was founding chairman of AcademyHealth, from whom he received the Distinguished Investigator Award.
Natalie K. Kaczur
Page updated: 11-16-10
- 2014 Southern California Chapters Scientific Meeting
October 18-19, 2014
Register Online Now!
- Southern California Region I July 2014 Newsletter
- Southern California Region II July 2014 Newsletter
- California Services Spring-Summer 2014 Newsletter
- Southern California Region I wins 2014 John Tooker Evergreen Award
- Member Accomplishments
- Medicare Updates
- Internist Weekly