Dear Chapter Members,
Which President could write Latin in his left hand and Greek in his right hand?
Which President was not a US citizen at the time of his death?
Who was the poster President for morbid obesity and sleep apnea?
Which Presidents suffered from Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Which Presidents died during the terms as President?
What is the Curse of Tippicanoe?
Who was tallest and shortest Presidents?
Which President had a 4th nerve Palsy?
Which President had Crohn's disease?
Which President had Bright's Disease?
If the above wet your cerebral appetite for medical facts and trivia, please consider registering for the upcoming Adventures in the Hx of Medicine 2011 at Saddleback Memorial Medical Center in Laguna Hills, CA on Saturday, February 12, 2011. The entire symposium consists of the following lectures:
- Is there a Doctor in the White House? A Medical Review of the Health of our Presidents from Washington to Obama by George Sarka MD
- The Continuiing Saga of Tuberculosis by Tom Cesario MD
- William Osler as a Pediatrician by Michael W. Cater MD
- Medicine in Ancient Egypt by Maher Roman MD
- Historical Aspects of Hematology and Oncology by Mauro C. Janoski MD
- Why is HIppocrates Known as the Father of Western Medicine? by Amir Steinberg MD
- Medical Student and Medical Resident Presentation
- Hx of Saint Valentine's Day by George Sarka MD
- Important Discoveries in Medical History by Conny Tirtaman-Sie MD
- Asian Medicine by Joo Kim
- Asthma: Past and Present by Gary Zagelbaum MD
- William Carlos Williams: The Poet and Physician by PHilip Gold MD
- Historical Medical Bingo by George Sarka MD
If you wish to attend, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will mail you the brochure and registration form. Registration includes 7.5CME, CD ROM of the lectues, breakfast and lunch and free parking.
Physicians and Public: $50.00
Medical Resident and Medical Students $20.00
Registration on 2/12/11 at the door: $75.00
I hope to see many of you there.
George Sarka, MD, MPH, CPH, FACP, FACR, FACPM, DrPH Candidate in Public Health
Governor of ACP Southern California Region II
Page updated: 01-24-11