In this Issue:
- GOVERNOR’S MESSAGE
- EXCELLENT RESOURCES FOR MEMBERS
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- ACP AS ADVOCATE
- FACP – BECOME ONE TODAY!
- WELCOME TO NEW MEMBERS!
- GET INVOLVED IN YOUR CHAPTER!
Michael R. Kenyon, MBBCh, FRCPC, FACP, ACP Governor
Thank you to you all for your collegiality, support and membership, particularly those who have volunteered in BC Chapter activities in 2019. I am proud to announce that the BC Chapter has once again received an ACP Chapter Excellence Award!
November 14-16, 2019: The ACP Western Canada Chapters/Rocky Mountain Internal Medicine Meeting was well attended by BC Chapter members. It was good to see so many resident and early career physicians there.
- Special thanks to Professor Anita Palepu for representing BC on the organizing committee, for delivering the engaging and insightful A.M. Edwards/ACP Lecture and for being an outstanding role model as a physician and human being.
- BC was well-represented amongst the speakers.
- There was a constructive and lively Annual General Meeting of the Western Canada Chapters Meeting November 14th.
- Well done by our UBC residents who came a close second in the Medical Jeopardy competition: Dr. Keerat Sidhu, Dr. Brandon Tang, Dr. Alec Windt and Dr. Jonathan Williams.
- The BC Chapter will be represented at the National ACP Doctor's Dilemma® Competition at the Internal Medicine Meeting in Los Angeles April 23-25, 2020.
- Save the date! The next ACP Western Canada Chapters/Rocky Mountain Meeting will be November 19-21, 2020 at the Rimrock Resort Hotel in Banff.
July 3-4, 2019: our chapter sponsored the Critical Care Skills Boot Camp for UBC GIM Fellows, again provided by my ICU group. Thank you to Dr. Stephane Voyer and Ms. Andrea Toker for their unstinting support, organisational skills and collegiality. The next Critical Care Skills Boot Camp for UBC GIM Fellows is being planned for the first week of July 2020.
April 12, 2019: We co–hosted the Canadian Chapters Reception at ACP Internal Medicine 2019 in Philadelphia. Thank you to all who gathered in the “City of Brotherly Love” and helped to make it such a pleasant social event. Plan to attend our 2020 reception in Los Angeles!
January 28, 2019: our chapter held the 2nd Annual Dinner Meeting of the ACP IMP Student IM Club with medical jeopardy and career discussion – thank you to attending staff who participated and thanks to Ms. Sarah Gibbs for her energy and organizational skills!
A big thank you to Ms. Domenica Utano for her outstanding support and organizational skills throughout my governorship (and others before me). She is stepping down from her role as Executive Director of the ACP Canadian Chapters.
This will be my last newsletter as your Governor. Thank you to all council and committee members for their support. The chapter will be in excellent hands under the leadership of Dr. Aman Nijjar, who will become your new Governor in April.
Wishing you and your families the best of the holiday season!
EXCELLENT RESOURCES FOR MEMBERS
- Update your Knowledge with MKSAP 18 Q&A A 54-year-old man is evaluated for a 6-month history of right shoulder pain. He describes the pain as moderately severe aching that is diffusely localized over the shoulder without radiation to the arm. Read more and guess the answer…
- Save 10% , enter code CPDCOVERED2 at checkout before January 31, 2020.
- ACP Journal Club a summary of the best new evidence for internal medicine from over 120 clinical journals.
- DynaMed Plus®
- ACP JournalWise – searches and filters the most recent articles from the top 120 medical journals.
- ACP Clinical Guidelines
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- IM In-Training Exam - a web-based self-assessment exam for residents to assess their progress.
- ACP advocates for you – Read how...
- Patient Education Tools
- Enhance Your Personal Well-being
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Join your Canadian colleagues in LA for a complimentary reception hosted by the six ACP Canadian Chapters!
Friday, April 24, 2020 from 6:00-8:00pm
1230 S. Olive Street
Los Angeles CA 90015
ACP Quebec Chapter Annual Meeting
In collaboration with the Canadian Society of Internal Medicine and ASMIQ
October 14-17, 2020
Quebec City, QC
ACP Internal Medicine Meeting 2021
April 29-May 1, 2021
ACP Internal Medicine Meeting 2022
April 28-30, 2022
ACP AS ADVOCATE
Did you know that the ACP is highly involved in advocacy? Keep up to date with the ACP Advocate Newsletter.
There are many resolutions brought forth for consideration by the Board of Governors. We encourage members to visit www.acponline.org/advocacy and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org The Canadian Governors have the opportunity to discuss and vote on resolutions and policy during annual meetings of the Board of Governors.
FACP – BECOME ONE TODAY!
- Know a Chapter Member deserving of advancement to Fellowship or Mastership? Nominate them! Or contact me personally at email@example.com
WELCOME TO NEW MEMBERS!
Walid Ahmed Alkeridy, MBBS
Mina Aziz, MBChB, MD
Kiley J Cindrich, MD
Carla Fast, MD
Tristen Gilchrist, MD
Brice E Nouthe, MDCM
Constantin Shuster, MD
Katie Wiskar, MD
GET INVOLVED IN YOUR CHAPTER!
Be an active part of this chapter! There are many volunteer opportunities on various committees – email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow the ACP Canadian Chapters on Twitter! @ACPCanadian