ACP Internist January 2017
- Act early to counter osteoporosis
After decades of promotion on ways to guard against osteoporosis, recent studies indicate that late-life bone resiliency has been eroding, and newly released clinical guidelines suggest diagnostic and treatment strategies to counteract that slide among women.
- Feeding nutrition into your practice
Internists routinely ask patients about smoking and drinking, but should they also ask about eating habits?
- Medical schools respond to the opioid epidemic
Sales of prescription opioids and deaths from prescription opioid overdoses have nearly quadrupled in the United States since 1999, according to the CDC.
ACP Hospitalist December 2016
- Better handoffs
Hospitalists explore new tech and face-to-face strategies
- A virtual eye on vital signs
Research and expert perspectives on vital sign monitoring
- Getting the most from advanced practice providers
Hospitalists team up with nurse practitioners and physician assistants